• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Beta Blockers

Status
Not open for further replies.

euphoria

Bluelight Crew
Has anyone here taken them? What side effects have you had, and what is your experience with them?

I know I can just research side effects and whatnot, but other people's (especially drug users) firsthand advice is always helpful.

I just got prescribed to them, and I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to start taking them. Heart medicine is scary to me for some reason.

Gracias! %)

-MT

They are supposed to alleviate stage fright. Sounds pretty cool

I take a beta blocker because of my heart.

The BB artificially keeps your heart and respiration rate at a safe level when your heart is placed under stress.

I take mine because I do not want to die of a heart attack.

Bottom line is, if your dr prescribed them for you it should be ok to take them.

Lastly, as the other poster stated, they are prescribed quite commonly for performers and average people to control stage fright. They help people from being nervous if public speaking.

Take only as prescribed!

I've taken propranolol occasionally for anxiety, and I must say it works great! I haven't had side effects, probably because I've stuck to small doses and taken them infrequently.

propronal is a pretty cool drug. I like to take it when I'm going to be doing intense physical activity or on a psychedelic.

It seems to make me able to do more intense running, swimming etc for longer.

i take a blue 20mg pill every morning, i haven't noticed a big reduction in anxiety, but my hands don't shake anymore.

well i took 'em for 2 days, my heart hurt really bad, i stopped taking them. that doesnt seem normal to me. maybe ill try again later. im under a lot of stress right now so it coulda been just anxiety.

I take a beta blocker for high blood pressure. You can't use stimulants with beta blockers unless you take an alpha blocker first. Beta blocker+stimulant use leads to unopposed alpha stimulation and can increase bp further, causes vasoconstriction, and could cause a heart attack or stroke.

I've used tizanidine(a weak alpha blocker about 1/20th as potent as clonidine) at 3-4x normal dose when I was using MDPV and my BP didn't go above the 130/80-145/95 range but once. I was having a panic attack at that time and thought I might die. My bp was like 173/109, but

I think tizanidine at about 3x normal dose is effective if you want to use stims and beta blockers together. Keep in mind the half life of tizanidine is only 2.54 hours so you could have to redose. I plan on using clonidine in the future for this purpose, as it is stronger and has a longer half life(12-33 hours). Don't have to worry about it wearing off before the stimulant.

Clonidine is probably best for this. Just make sure you try a small dose first and measure your BP response as your blood pressure could drop dangerously low from a full dose.

Alpha blockers do have some sedative effects, so they could decrease the effectiveness of the stimulant.

firefighter said:
can you take them when you drink/do drugs?

Depends on what drugs. ;)

I'd be careful combining it with any other drugs that lower blood pressure though, as this may lead to hypotensive problems.

Propanolol sounds like an interesting substance; it takes away the physical symptoms of anxiety whilst leaving your mind clear. I've looked at it a few times as a possible option if I ever need to confront stage fright when performing music... I need my hands to be still and I need to be able to focus, and I can't do that if my hands are all shakey which they tend to do a lot anyways.

propronal is a pretty cool drug. I like to take it when I'm going to be doing intense physical activity or on a psychedelic.

It seems to make me able to do more intense running, swimming etc for longer.

Have you ever used it specifically with DMT?

I plan to try DMT soon, but I'm somewhat older, and have SLIGHTLY higher BP and somewhat higher pulse. I thought using a moderate dose of propranolol before smoking DMT might mitigate any extreme BP or pulse response. Any opinion on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.